Ok, so first of all this is not a knock on all the other Blogger Awards that are out there. Not whatsoever. But I wanted to develop my own special award. So I did. How egotistical of me right?
I developed this award to recognize those bloggers who are truly exceptional people, as well as writers. Listen, we’re all out here writing and plowing along in life. But some of you are just way too exceptional to be included in a 15 nomination “award.”
Some of you are exceptional above and beyond the talent that exists in our community. Some of you just blow us away with your gut-wrenching bravery and unequaled talent. I want to recognize you and your works.
To me the Robust Ruminator is someone who takes incredible personal risks in exposing their realities. Someone who shows brilliance in their writing. A Robust Ruminator is someone who also shows devotion to the other bloggers by posting thoughtful comments, not just pressing the like button.
This is a bi-weekly award. Before you vote, please consider carefully the following award criteria
1. Full of health and strength; vigorous. (blogger shows guts and fortitude)
2. Powerfully built; sturdy. (exhibits an exceptional command of the English language)
3. Active or dynamic. (blogger regularly comments on others’ work) VERY IMPORTANT!
4. Effective or productive. (blogger is prolific and their writing educates and enlightens)
5. Substantial in content. (blogger shows incredible range and depth of courage )
Winners will be announced every other Saturday. Once the winner is chosen I will:
- Request you post the Award prominently.
- Feature you and your work on my blog.
- Invite you in as a Guest Blogger.
- Post to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on your behalf.
For the Robust Ruminator Award, I hope that you will be proud to represent it on your site. It means you are achieving something inside yourself, and with your work. It means you’ve got a big set of balls. It means you’re taking massive risks and penning them beautifully for the world to see.
As a result, it means we as readers are affected, usually deeply. We as readers come away as different human beings than when we visited you. We as readers want to come back again and again; sometimes not because we want to, but because we have to. That is Robust!
It means you’re not just pumping out piece after piece of mindless doggerel in the interest of attention. It means you’re a writer heads above and beyond what is considered good. You are among THE VERY BEST. This isn’t kid’s soccer: not everybody is getting a trophy here. Only champions get trophies. The rest of us simply hope to get some playing time.
Maybe it’s a little presumptuous of me to create my own award. Oh well, I’m doing it anyway. I think I am somewhat of an authority on these matters:
- I’ve been around the planet nearly 53 years, so I’ve got a little knowledge.
- I’ve suffered alcohol abuse, ptsd, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, so I know about pain, suffering, loss, depression…I’ve earned my stripes so to speak.
- I have an English Degree in literature, so I’ve read a few things.
- I can do whatever the hell I want lol, because it’s my life.